Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Stuff

For Memorial Day Weekend had a fun trip to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.  Since we did go Memorial day weekend ,which was kind of dumb, it was so crowded and SO HOT, but really only the parking was crazy. Once we found a spot we had TONS of fun. Liam LOVED the fish, especially the Jelly Fish. He was mesmerised by them. Tanner and I loved the penguins. They had an awesome display with a part underwater tank to see them swimming and jumping up through the "ice holes". Liam hated the parrots because they were so loud. In fact I wanted kill them too. I was trying to feed him and the only shady, uncrowded and what I thought was a quiet spot was by the parrots. Well, I found out that they are louder than a fire alarm! Every time they squawked he cried. Then to add to it the train kept riding by with it's shrieking whistle. But after that fun lunch break we saw some fun stuff and had a great time.

Liam went swimming for his first time! He got all decked out in his fishy swim trunks and bucket hat. He was adorable I have to admit. He actually kind of liked swimming--I think. He never smiled or cried, but he stared at the water very intently.

8 comments:

Derrik and Claire said...

Liam is getting so big and so cute! I can't wait to see him!

Kenna said...

I can't wait to see you guys this summer...hopefully!!! Looks like you guys are up to some fun things. I love taking my babies and doing things for the first time. Liam is having an exciting 1st year...Disney World, zoo, swimming! You guys are such good parents:) Your Disney World trip looked like So much fun, I'm still quite jealous!
Love you guys!

The Bennions said...

Loved seeing some of Liam's "firsts"! He is adorable!
He was really looking at those jellyfish!! And the Mickey Mouse hat, he is so hilarious with his expression! Wish we could come help you guys move before you come up! We'll make it worth the effort!! :)
Love you all! Mom B.

krista said...

Hey guys! Liam is such a little sweet boy with those mickey mouse ears. I can't wait to get to see him (and you guys of course) this summer!!!! I'm just glad to get to meet him before he gets too much bigger. They grow so fast:) Glad you all are having a great summer!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

FUN FUN FUN! You guys look like you are making the most of the summer. And how fun to take him swimming for the first time. :) Love ya! p.s. you look great!

karajason said...

Wow you guys have been having some fun! Connor has the exact same swim trunks and bucket hat! He just went swimming for the first time too. You look great Jenny! love you guys!

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! That Zoo is such a good one. You're lucky to be so close! Hope all is going well with that little cute family of yours!

Stacy said...

I think you should do an update soon!!