Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm back!

Thank you to Tanner for keeping the blog alive while we welcomed our little William to our lives. I know he satisfied a lot of "adoring fans" (ha ha) while I was out of comission. What a great husband!

Since getting home from the hospital a lot has happened. We now have a little guy ruling our days and especially our nights. He is a joy even when he is a lot of work. This morning he woke me up at 5:00am to eat. It is still too early no matter how used to it I am becoming. But today was nice. We were lucky enough to get a little extra sleep with Tanner's mom being here to help for a the last few days, and I think that made waking up not too bad. Anyways, while I fed Liam, Tanner woke up and we just got a chance to talk and listen to some music and just have some quiet "us" time while we tried to get Liam to sleep again. Really it was just so nice. I can't think of a better word to describe it. It was just simply nice. That kind of time, I am already realizing, is hard to come by with the baby, Tanner's school and all the other everyday stuff. I think I have a better understanding and appreciation for "early to bed early to rise". At least for today.

So now for the crazy. We have been home from the hospital for 2 weeks now, but lucky me got to have an extra little visit in between. Last Sunday I got to have my first (and hopefully only) visit to the ER. I had had a fever of 101 for over 24 hours and was advised by the doctor to get checked out at the hospital. I found out I have a kidney infection. What a fun thing to add to my list of crazy stuff going on in my life. While I was there my fever went up to about 103.8. I have never had a fever that high. I got to get stuck two more times in the arm for an IV and a blood sample. Not a fun thing when you hate needles. And I had to take a urin sample of course. They told me they test just one drop of the urin sample for white blood cell count. Usually a person in my current situation of just having a baby has about 2-5 in a sample, but they stopped counting when they got to 200. So it was a pretty good infection. They gave me some antibiotics and I started feeling better the next day. But let me tell you-- don't ever get a kidney infection after you have a baby. NO FUN.

3 comments:

My Everythings said...

Jenny! Little Liam is beautiful. That stinks you got a kidney infection. YUCK...the last thing you need right now.
I have been thinking about you guys lots and want to come visit when I have a chance to go without the boys. Do you want dinner this week?

Melanie said...

That sounds awful having a kidney infection...thank heavens for antibiotics. It is true how much you appreciate the time that you do get alone with your husband after having a kid. I love the pictures, and I can't believe you guys did them your self. He is adorable and we can't wait to meet him. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

His name is Billy.