Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh Tanner!

One thing I just had to blog about tonight while Tanner is busy in his little corner studying is our meal tonight. Sounds like it might be goofy to be blogging about my dinner, but if you were here you'd know why.

Tanner has this love of food I think I have only seen on the Food Network. He made homemade pesto and pasta for dinner tonight. (Yes, he cooks and he is a darn good one too!) It was excellent! We both enjoyed it, but Tanner really, really enjoyed it. And I mean really! He makes me laugh and smile like crazy every time he has a meal like this. It doesn't matter if I cook it or he does or we go out, if it's good he lets me know. First he gets excited to cook it/eat it because its new or he knows how much he liked it last time and he keeps talking about it in anticipation. Next he sits down to eat it and continues to comment on how excited he is to try it because it looks so "amazing". Then he finally takes a bite. His eyes roll back into his head, he makes a some kind of "ugh, this is so good!" sound and drops his fork like he just died and went to heaven. Then all through the meal he "oohs" and "ahs" about how good it tastes even though this bite was the same as the last. And if it is really good (and we are at home, of course) he "wahoos" at the end. Today he compared his "wahoo" to the recent Pine Sol commercial. The one with the guy stranded in the life raft in the ocean, but then he smells the Pine Sol from the submarine below and wahoos.
Tanner is like the Emeril of our house. He is a good cook and he has his own version of "BAM!" And I always feel like a good cook. Needless to say, dinnertime is very entertaining at our house!
Here are some pictures of Tanners other "Wahoo" dinners I have captured :)
This was Tanner's wonderful Sunday Roast

This was Tanner's Scallop, Shrimp Pasta in San Fransisco at the Famous Allitoto's.
This was our enormous Thanksgiving crab dinner last year on our honeymoon in San Fransisco. Don't worry, we shared that ;)

No comments: